Subject: Re: Solaris 9, Firefox and wrong ELF class: ELFClASS32
To: kilim <>
From: Jonathan Perkin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/12/2005 22:08:48
* On 2005-12-12 at 14:19 GMT, kilim wrote:

> When trying to compile Firefox on Solaris 9 I get the following
> error:
> ld: fatal: file lock_SunOS.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
> [..]
> ABI=64

ABI=64 is still very much an unstable target, however with some work
it's not too hard to fix individual packages.  Unfortunately I've not
been able to do regular builds of ABI=64 like I used to.

Something in the package will be overriding or ignoring the 64 bit
options (-xtarget=ultra -xarch=v9), so if you can find that bit and
ensure all objects get compiled with those flags then please send-pr a

Given the amount of broken packages I found with the bulk builds, you
might want to avoid setting ABI=64 if you want a sizeable set of built
packages.  However we'll always welcome extra help with 64bit package
support :-)

Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project