Subject: Re: Solaris 9, Firefox and wrong ELF class: ELFClASS32
To: None <segv@netctl.net>
From: kilim <kilim@phenix.rootshell.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/12/2005 21:00:08
On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 04:10:06PM +0000, segv@netctl.net wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:18:28 +0100

> kilim <kilim@phenix.rootshell.be> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > When trying to compile Firefox on Solaris 9 I get the following error:
> >
> > ld: fatal: file lock_SunOS.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
>
> Ask yourself one question: why are you building a 64-bit Firefox??
> Mozilla/Firefox is a monster, which is full of bloat and bugs,
> especially on 64-bit platforms.

I want to have a working version of Firefox instead of using a Netscape 4
which hangs when I try to read Gmail. Is that reasonable enough ? :)

But seriously, have I declared something wrong in the mk.conf or is my
load path wrong ?

Why won't it compile ? Can you help me please ?

I like the idea behind pkgsrc and would like to use it as the main
software 'Santa Claus'. So if you require any info, please tell me
what it is and I'll gladly share it.

Thank you for your time and patience :)

 Kilim