Subject: Re: Firefox 1.5 package
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/12/2005 01:25:42

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 11:35:43PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> >>Thanks, www/firefox 1.5 seems to work fine.  But could you
> >>--enable-official-branding, at least optionally?  (like wip/firefox15
> >>does)
> >
> >it's not that easy.
> >

> #7 seems to be a good thing... not that we do massive changes, just get=
> the thing GOING on NetBSD. Geert, did you ever get any reply on that?
> I'd certainly love pkgsrc-built/installed versions of Firefox be=20
> acknoledged as real Firefox, not some "this has been modified beyond bein=
> Firefox" variant.

to clarify, i am not against getting an approval from Mozilla Foundation,
quite the opposite.  i am just saying the solution is not as easy as
adding "--enable-official-branding", not even optionally.

if someone (the MAINTAINER?) can work with Mozilla to resolve the
potential issues (after all, we have 180kb of local patches, lots of
them easily mergeable upstream.  i don't know how much of them taya
submitted to the mozilla people) and make our packages as close to the
official ones as possible getting the approval shouldn't be that

that someone could be Geert, if he is so interested in resolving he
issue :).  also maybe taya has something to add about it.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (NetBSD)