Subject: wip/pkg_rmleaves
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, pkgsrc-wip-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/10/2005 20:16:57
Hi,

I imported pkg_rmleaves from FreeBSD Ports into pkgsrc-wip.  This tool
scans the pkg dbdir for leaf packages and displays them in a dialog menu
(or optionally xdialog or kdialog).  The user can then choose which leaf
packages he wants to remove, and which he wants to keep.  After the removal
pkg_rmleaves checks for new leaf packages and shows those again, and so on
until no more new leaf packages are found.

I also added a -a flag to make pkg_rmleaves act only on automatically
installed packages (according to pkg_info -Qautomatic), as suggested by
dillo.

I hope you'll find this package useful.

	Geert