Subject: Re: IMAKE_MANNEWSUFFIX
To: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/07/2005 11:48:33
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 12:41:33AM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> >
> > The value of IMAKE_MANNEWSUFFIX under IRIX is set to 'z'.  I'm quite
> > sure that I set it to that value for a reason, but that was a long, long
> > time ago.  Which package did you say uses this value?  I'll be glad to
> > check...
>
> Try wm/mlvwm. That is the only case in the current tree. Since the
> current value was not used until a few days ago, I could just overwrite
> the old value, but if it has a deeper meaning, we might have to consider
> adding such a rule for imake PLISTs.

It appears to me that IMAKE_MAN_SUFFIX so far was never actually used.
Instead IMAKE_MANNEWSUFFIX was used. So the setting for IMAKE_MAN_SUFFIX
for a given system should be completely irrelevant so far.
One might eliminate the IMAKE_MAN_SUFFIX variable, or, and that's probably
more consistent on the longer run although maybe a bit more confusing at
first, rename all occurrences of IMAKE_MANNEWSUFFIX into IMAKE_MAN_SUFFIX
and make sure IMAKE_MAN_SUFFIX gets set to today's IMAKE_MANNEWSUFFIX's
value.

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de  +49 178 8545053