Subject: Re: HEADS UP: Package removal candidates
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/06/2005 20:15:31
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 08:57:16PM +1100, grant beattie wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 01:22:53PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
> > I will remove all packages from this list which are still failing
> > in the 2.0 bulk builds in 2006 (except if I get feedback why I
> > shouldn't).
>
> I'm not convinced this is the appropriate action to take. just because
> something is broken, should not mean we simply throw it away.

I agree.
However, these packages have been broken for 6 months, and nobody
cared enough to fix them. If now there still is noone who cares
about fixing them, I don't see a reason to keep them in pkgsrc.

> if there are PRs for these problems, they can be tracked and
> eventually fixed.. right?

There are no PRs, but the bulk build results are cc'd to the maintainers,
so they know about the problems.
 Thomas