Subject: Re: pkg_chk for remote binary packages
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/06/2005 02:16:40
On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Dieter Baron wrote:
>  The file can be created before uploading.  The easiest way is
> probably to install pkg_chk at the end of a bulk build, run it with -S
> and upload the pkg_chk-summary file together with the binary packages.
> I'll look at implementing this (unless someone beats me to it.)

I see... is the format of this file documented somehow?
ISTR there used to be a "make index" which created something similar that
was (is?) used on FreeBSD for package downloads by their installer.

Having only one such file around may make things a lot easier, and given
that iMil's working on a very similar feature, working with him on the
format of that file would probably be good.

As well as (of course) documenting its existance and format for future
tools, which will likely pop up and use that file.

  - Hubert