Subject: Re: HEADS UP: Package removal candidates
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <>
From: Thomas Klausner <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/05/2005 20:58:23
On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 01:12:22AM -0600, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 01:22:53PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > www/ap-jk					erh
> >
> > PLIST wrong.
> 	eh?  It seems right when I install it.  The package only has a single
> file that it installs: /usr/pkg/lib/httpd/
> What error are you getting?

I didn't try it myself, but it's been failing in Krister's bulk builds
for a long time now.
You can find his latest results for this package at:

It seems the package installs the file in a different place by default:

 Copying files to Apache libexec Directory...
 /bin/sh ..//libtool --mode=install /bin/cp /usr/pkg/libexec/
 /bin/cp .libs/ /usr/pkg/libexec/
 (cd /usr/pkg/libexec && rm -f && ln -s
 (cd /usr/pkg/libexec && rm -f && ln -s
 (cd /usr/pkg/libexec && rm -f && ln -s
 /bin/cp .libs/mod_jk.lai /usr/pkg/libexec/
 /bin/cp .libs/mod_jk.a /usr/pkg/libexec/mod_jk.a
 ranlib /usr/pkg/libexec/mod_jk.a
 chmod 644 /usr/pkg/libexec/mod_jk.a

> > www/jakarta-tomcat4				erh
> >
> > PLIST problem. ISTR this is some tar problem?
> >
> >  pkg_create: can't stat `/usr/pkg/tomcat4/webapps/to'
> 	Yes, this is a problem with tar.  The solution is probably just to
> update the build machine.  What is it running?

3.0. If that release doesn't contain the tar bug fix, we should
really work around the problem in the package somehow...