Subject: Re: Problems building x11/gtk2, no "pangocairo"; pango at fault?
To: None <>
From: Klaus Heinz <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/05/2005 02:17:03
Magnus Eriksson wrote:

>   libcairo<version>.so (and it's symlinks) isn't linked against it.
>   From reading config.log it seems pthread is detected just fine, though.
> "checking pthread.h usability", "checking pthread.h presence", "checking
> for pthread.h" all return positive.  And that's the only mention of
> "pthread" in there..

>   There's /usr/pkg/lib/pkgconfig/cairo.pc, and it doesn't mention pthread.

>   Sorry, it's NetBSD 1.6.  I assumed that everyone saved several months of
> mailing list traffic, just like I do.  :-)

I can reproduce the problem here as well. Pthreads (from pth) are
detected during "configure" but is not linked with

CAIRO_LIBS in src/Makefile includes PTHREAD_LDFLAGS in its definition
but I cannot find where PTHREAD_LDFLAGS is supposed to come from.
This variable is not set in any file.

config.log contains

But although those macros are defined in almost all Makefiles, they are
not used anywhere in cairo.