Subject: Re: bulk build dependancies
To: Roland Illig <>
From: Malcolm Herbert <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/04/2005 22:34:06
On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 10:31:14AM +0100, Roland Illig wrote:
|Malcolm Herbert wrote:
|>I'm using a chroot environment to build packages which is working well,
|>however I'd like to see if I can keep some packages around as the build
|>progresses, namely tcsh and screen so that I can have more than one
|>session in the chroot area ...
|>what's the best way to specify this?
|Do you already know BULK_PREREQ? Just add these lines to your mk.conf:
|    BULK_PREREQ+=  misc/screen
|    BULK_PREREQ+=  shells/tcsh

... I thought of that, but wouldn't this mean that these would be
recompiled and reinstalled at the start of a bulk build?

|Alternatively you could install these packages into another LOCALBASE
|and adjust your PATH.

that may be the better bet ... I'll have a look at doing that, thanks

Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally                                                left blank