Subject: nvi-m17n core dumps
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/02/2005 18:53:13
For me, on a NetBSD-3.0_BETA machine, nvi-m17n crashes right out of the
box. With no .exrc, on startup it clears the screed and then I get:

     +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
     No redraw edit option specified.
     Modifications not recoverable if the session fails.
     /tmp/vi.07345b: new file: line 1
     Press any key to continue: Memory fault (core dumped)

I seem to recall having a similar problem a couple of years ago on a
NetBSD-2 machine (again i386), which is why I'm running some apparently
older version of nvi-m17n right now, gotten from who knows where.

Anybody know what's up with this? Does this package work for anyone?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson            <cjs@cynic.net>             +81 90 7737 2974
   by those who have not got it.    --George Bernard Shaw