Subject: editors/vim doesn't want to fetch anything
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/02/2005 00:50:13
The vim port doesn't seem to have a distfile set so when I try to build it
I get:

=>  doesn't seem to exist on this system.
=> Attempting to fetch  from
http://ftp.fi.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/vim/.
ftp: no file after directory (you must specify an output file)
`http://ftp.fi.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/vim/'

It then runs ftp and takes me to an ftp site but doesn't actually download
anything, it just sits there at the FTP prompt.

It seems the fact that PATH_FILES is set to nothing is the thing that
causes it as if I set it to 6.4.001 6.4.002 6.4.003 saw them on the ftp
site...don't know if they are useful patches or not) I get much further
(errors about the checksum which are to be expected).

Thanks,

Andrew