Subject: Re: the never-ending pkgtools-updating drama
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/30/2005 00:41:52
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> 	Running /usr/cvs/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/pkg_install-20051122/delete/pkg_delete
> 	pkg_install-20050318

There's a "-N -f" missing in that echoed command line, which should have
been triggered by the following in bsd.pkg.mk:

.  if defined(PKG_PRESERVE)
.    if (${UPDATE_RUNNING} == "YES")
# used to update w/o removing any files
real-su-deinstall-flags+=       -N -f
.    endif
.  endif

Do you have any local bsd.pkg.mk mods that may affect this?

> And yes, I have DEPENDS_TARGET set in mk.conf. Without it, I get the following
> error for the initially recommended command:

What you use for DEPENDS_TARGET shouldn't matter; the "-N -f" is still
missing.  You should know the drill (<grin>):  What are the *full* contents
of mk.conf?

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>