Subject: Re: use of LDD in pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.mk?
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/29/2005 14:40:57
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> OK, now it works for NetBSD and Linux, what about the rest?

Sorry, I don't know. There has been little discussion on it. And nobody
has provided code. Your suggestions will be appreciated. I don't currently
have time to test on different platforms.

Also, please consider using objdump on platforms that have it instead of
ldd so it doesn't record recursively used libraries. Or does that matter?
I'd prefer that the REQUIRES= only listed the specific libraries as
NEEDED.

  Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/