Subject: Re: Again: how how best handle libnbcompat (snprintf)?
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/29/2005 15:27:23
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> > Such a mechanism was discussed at a very high level earlier in 2005, but the
> > idea hasn't materialized yet.  Until there is a more granular way to use
> > libnbcompat, I strongly advise using OS conditionals.  (In fact, it may be
> > best to put the conditionals into a hacks.mk for the package so that these
> > are easier to find in most cases.)
>
> I see. Is hacks.mk automatically included by buildlink?

It's included automatically by bsd.pkg.mk if it exists in ${PKGDIR}; this
happens before the buildlink3 processing takes place.

> Is there a policy of what is supposed to go in there?

Basically anything in the "oops, this is ugly and we should fix it" (as
opposed to "these are normal build parameters for a given OS") category
should go there.  Compiler+OS specific workarounds are common, but that's
not the only reason to use hacks.mk.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>