Subject: Re: Again: how how best handle libnbcompat (snprintf)?
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: Georg Schwarz <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/29/2005 21:16:19
> Such a mechanism was discussed at a very high level earlier in 2005, but the
> idea hasn't materialized yet.  Until there is a more granular way to use
> libnbcompat, I strongly advise using OS conditionals.  (In fact, it may be
> best to put the conditionals into a for the package so that these
> are easier to find in most cases.)

I see. Is automatically included by buildlink? Is there a policy of
what is supposed to go in there?

Instead of setting it by OS one might have global variables like
NEED_LIBREGEX, NEED_SNPRINT, etc. (or HAVE_LIBREGEX, .... if you want to do it
the other way round) which are set globally for the OSes to which it applies.

Georg Schwarz  +49 178 8545053