Subject: xfce4 versus the dbus packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/28/2005 14:45:58
Hi,

I'm running NetBSD-current and I'm having new problems with xfce4.

To make a long story short, I finally figured out that the 'dbus'
packages were make xfce4 freeze.  When I deleted the dbus packages
then xfce4 works once again just like usual.

When xfce froze, the only thing I could do is hit Crl-Alt-Backspace
to kill the X server.  There were always dbus and ssh-agent processes
still running after killing X, and that is how I finally found that
dbus was the problem.

Does anyone know why xfce4 might want 'dbus' to be installed -- and
why should it cause problems?

Thanks!