Subject: Re: usage of USE_INET6
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/26/2005 21:21:56
On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 12:27:48PM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Georg Schwarz wrote:
>
> > what is the background of that policy to establish a requirement that
> > is not in line with the relevant RFC's specification?
>
> Uniformity, a general pkgsrc tenet.

Yes, and the requirement that the URL+DISTNAME together should give
valid URL without need to special case the missing trailing slash.

I.e. if MASTER_SITES is http://site and DISTNAME=pkg-1.2, the fetch
would attempt to take http://sitepkg-1.2.tar.gz , which is obviously
invalid.

Jaromir
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-