Subject: Re: Disabling the internal faad2 support for mplayer (was: CVS commit: pkgsrc/multimedia/mplayer-share)
To: tech-pkg@NetBSD.org, Ben Collver <ben@NetBSD.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/24/2005 23:29:30
--QILrdhYozogw5Vly

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 09:46:44PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> We always try to use external libraries -- that way we only have to
> fix security problems once, and don't have to apply compilation
> patches to more than one place.

in a different case i would most likely agree with you but mplayer is a
strange beast and they usually have a reason why they bundle a library
with their code, e.g. local changes, which might be necessary to get
some subtle features working, etc.
=20
> Is there any advantage to the internal faad library?

i don't know.  i also don't know why should _i_ answer this question.
i am not the one who did the change.  that's why i am asking and i still
haven't seen the answer.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --