Subject: Re: php packages
To: None <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/24/2005 19:41:17
On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 12:55:58AM +0000, wrote:
> I've noticed that different versions of php are located in different
> directories (pkgsrc tree updated on 17/11/05)
> lang/php
> lang/php5
> www/php4
> This is a bit confusing...
> What's the difference between lang/php and lang/php5?

lang/php contains only PHP framework files, used by both lang/php5
and www/php4. lang/php5 is real package for PHP 5.0.5. www/php4
contains package for 4.4.1.
> contains a
> list of packages in that directory, which does not include any php packages.
> Why?

It's been omitted by mistake, I've just added php5 there.

Jaromir Dolecek <>
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-