Subject: Re: usage of USE_INET6
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.nov.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/20/2005 19:52:54
I wrote:
> Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>
> > We currently have a list of IPv6 enabled applications at
> > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/README-IPv6.html
> > That file is generated automatically on the FTP server, IIRC by some
> > target in pkgsrc/Makefile.

> > What do you intend to do about that?
>
> Don't know yet. The easiest way would be keeping the keyword in a comment,
> like hf6to4 does.

README-IPv6.html gets created through the "readme-ipv6" target in
pkgsrc/Makefile.

At the moment it performs a simple "grep" through all the Makefiles and
options.mk files for the patterns
  '^BUILD_DEFS.*=.*USE_INET6'
  '^PKG_SUPPORTED_OPTIONS.*=.*inet6'

While this may already miss some assignments (think line continuations
with a backslash) it's rather fast.

It seems that this is another example of information we would like to
have for all the packages in the tree. To correctly retrieve this
information we have to invoke "make" for every package which is much
more costly than searching through a set of text files.

ciao
     Klaus