Subject: Re: wilder wildcards
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: J Chapman Flack <flack@cs.purdue.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/19/2005 19:54:32

> What "make" command do you run (target, variables set on command line,
> environment, mk.conf, ...)?

bin-install with nothing very interesting on the cmd line, mk.conf, or
environment, but I am using a bsd.pkg.mk with the patch for pkg/30954.
It looks like the unpatched bsd.pkg.mk would not reveal this pkg_add
behavior (because the unpatched b.p.m still supplies the PKG_SUFX, but
omits the dewey wildcard).

Sorry to have made the distracting point about make; I should have
concentrated on the central issue of pkg_add and whether it successfully
handles a dewey wildcard and a suffix.  The C code in str.c and ftpio.c
appears intended to support that, but doesn't seem to work, and
that is repeatably testable using pkg_add alone.

-Chap