Subject: Re: wilder wildcards
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: J Chapman Flack <flack@cs.purdue.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/19/2005 17:59:58
> > > is bsd.pkg.mk defaults to adding .tgz when it invokes pkg_add through

As a workaround I find I can simply supply PKG_SUFX=   (empty) when invoking
make and the pkg_add works and for my purposes nothing seems to break.

But in pkgtools/pkg_install/files/lib both str.c (lines 502-527 and below)
and ftpio.c (line 724 and below) contain code
to explicitly strip off .t[bg]z suffixes and match the patterns without
them. While clearly something isn't working, it does not seem quite right
to say that only suffixless patterns are expected to work.  Looks more like
a bug somewhere in something that was intended to work.

-Chap