Subject: Re: wilder wildcards
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: J Chapman Flack <flack@cs.purdue.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/19/2005 17:33:39
> > pkg_add -v 'php<5.tgz'
> > installs php-5.0.5

> Maybe the "5.tgz" is interpreted as "5.20.7.26". (tgz are the 20th, 7th
> and 26th letters in the latin alphabet.)

I haven't understood the code well enough yet to answer the question
(obviously :) but I did find in pkgtools/pkg_install/files/lib/str.c

                /* we need to match pattern and suffix separately, in case
                 * each is a different pattern class (e.g. dewey and
                 * character class (.t[bg]z)) */

which made me think it ought to work right. Clearly I'm so far missing
something....

-Chap