Subject: net-snmp, NetBSD 2.1 difficulties
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/19/2005 12:17:52
--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

Hi,
	I've been looking into setting up net-snmp for mrtg. It seems that snmpd doesn't like NetBSD 2.1. When running snmpd in the foreground, a query to it from a program such as snmpstatus causes snmpd to spew errors like:

kvm_read(*, 80cd200, 0x480c46b4, 4) = -1: kvm_read: Bad address
auto_nlist failed on ifnet at location 80cd200

In this case snmpstatus shows the uname fine, but the information on network interfaces shows as zero.

Is this a case of me not configuring something right, or just plain brokenness? Has anyone else got this to work, or had a similar problem?

	Jonathan Kollasch

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l--