Subject: Re: backup to CD
To: David Griffith <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/18/2005 09:35:36
On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 08:53:57PM -0800, David Griffith wrote:

> I'm wondering if it would be a Good Idea to get a NetBSD-sanctioned
> backup-to-[CD|DVD] utility going and maintained.  cdbkup is great, but it
> doesn't appear to have been maintained since last year.  Anyone
> interested?

I haven't tried sysutils/cdbkup yet, but what I would like to see is
dump(8) being able to pipe its output through other programs (gzip, gpg)
first, and then still create fixed size output blocks (like 700Mb), so we
can still use restore(8)'s volume handling with e.g. compressed/encrypted
backup CD's.

	Geert