Subject: Re: backup to CD
To: David Griffith <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@apk.od.ua>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/18/2005 09:37:07
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:53:57 -0800 (PST)
David Griffith <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu> wrote:

> I'm wondering if it would be a Good Idea to get a NetBSD-sanctioned
> backup-to-[CD|DVD] utility going and maintained.  cdbkup is great, but it
> doesn't appear to have been maintained since last year.

Heh, this is my bad, sorry. :-(

I'm willing to continue its support, but last dozen time we produce
backups with builtin dump/restore. If Bacula (see below) doesn't have
similar functionality as cdbkup, I'l try to resurrect it.

> Anyone
> interested?

Me.

You may take a look to sysutils/bacula. I haven't seen it yet, so
didn't know is it able to wrote backups to CD or not.

Please let me know the results.

--
Mishka.