Subject: Re: how to add LaTeX paths?
To: Jeremy C.Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Antoine Reilles <tonio@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/17/2005 20:59:14
Hi,

On Nov 17, 2005, at 8:34 PM, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I see that lyx packages install:
>
> /usr/pkg/share/lyx/tex/broadway.cls /usr/pkg/share/lyx/tex/
> hollywood.cls /usr/pkg/share/lyx/tex/cv.cls /usr/pkg/share/lyx/tex/
> revtex.cls /usr/pkg/share/lyx/tex/lyxchess.sty /usr/pkg/share/lyx/
> tex/lyxskak.sty
>
> This path is not recognized by LyX. So even though LyX provides the
> support to use them and includes even example templates, they are
> disabled.
>
> Using the new mk/tex.buildlink3.mk system, any variables or
> settings I should use?

I think those files should be installed in ${PKG_TEXMFPREFIX}/tex/
latex/lyx/
That is where they are placed in the corresponding debian package
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?
searchmode=filelist&word=lyx-
common&version=unstable&arch=all&page=19&number=50

> Should I have the LyX install those files to a different directory?
> (Maybe PKG_LOCALTEXMFPREFIX?)
yes
> Should I run mktexlsr after installing lyx?
Of course. It is needed for kpatchsea to find those files.
I think the best way to do so is to include
print/teTeX/module.mk
It will take care of including tex.buildlink3.mk, and also to run
mktexlsr

antoine