Subject: Re: AAC support for audio/gtkpod
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/15/2005 15:05:54
Hi,

On Nov 15, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Kouichirou Hiratsuka wrote:
> I want to transfer the AAC audio files to my iPod via audio/gtkpod.
> Currently this does not work.  audio/gtkpod can't recognize these
> files.  However, I can do this by adding the inclusion of
> audio/faad2/buildlink3.mk.  This is better to support by default,
> I think.
I remember adding the same support for audio/daapd
At that time, i introduced a faad option to enable AAC support.
This options is disabled by default.
Could gtkpod support the same option, for consistency ? (well, the
option name could be made more explicit). Why not then enable it by
default on both packages ?

antoine