Subject: Re: pkgsrc on IRIX
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org, netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/14/2005 19:55:23
(I never saw the reply to my work address, from which the original
was sent and is not subscribed to the list...)

On Nov 14,  2:45pm, Jan Schaumann wrote:
>Just make sure that you have the proper ABI set and that it doesn't
>conflict with the compilers defaults (check /etc/compiler.defaults).

I usually build -n32, which is what most everything I have is built with.
It's an Octane2 (n64), but I find less problems with n32.

>> And since some of the pkg stuff is now built with gcc, is it OK to leave =
>that,
>> or do I need to junk it all and build everything with MIPSpro?
>
>I think you may get away with building new packages with mipspro, but I
>never mixed compilers, so there may be surprises lurking.

I had to rebuild libtool, but everything else appears OK so far...

Steve