Subject: Re: Removal of PostgreSQL 7.3
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/14/2005 11:56:20
Greg Troxel wrote:
> How hard is it to have 7.3 remain?  I would expect that one has to
> update the version and regen distfiles when a new point release comes
> (infrequently now), and that there is very little else to do.
> I have generally found that pkgsrc maintenance is easy for stable
> programs, and hard for ones that change a lot (or if their
> dependencies do).

It's not hard.  However, the people directly involved in maintaining the
PostgreSQL packages for pkgsrc (myself included) are going to deprecate
and remove the PostgreSQL 7.3 packages.  If you want them to remain,
then you should consider taking the maintainership for these packages.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>