Subject: ===> db4 is not an acceptable Berkeley DB type for
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: thoran <thoran@fastmail.fm>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/14/2005 20:08:50
Hello,

I have seen very few references to this, so I need to ask 'What is the
following and how do I make it go away?':

===> db4 is not an acceptable Berkeley DB type for <pkg>

I'm doing this UNPRIV on Debian if that makes any difference.  All other
builds (only a handful so far) except ones where this error appears are
working.

I've had a look in the file from whence this emanates
(bdb.buildlink3.mk) and I don't understand why it would be unacceptable,
nor as to why it finds db3 and I think 2 also unacceptable, since I've
installed all of them!  But then I don't know Makefiles well at all.