Subject: Re: Audio cd 'digital audio extraction' on NetBSD?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/11/2005 13:14:05
Am 11.11.2005 um 12:25 Uhr +0100 schrieb Ignatios Souvatzis:
>  > I know I can rip the raw audio tracks to disk and somehow play them,
>>  but that wasn't the point.
>
>Well, if you _can_ do that, all you have to fix is the
>applications so that they work with NetBSD, because the kernel
>part is obviously ok.

This was more of a theoretical "can" since I haven't actually tried.
What I don't know is whether <sys/cdio.h> is up to the task. When I
tried to adapt the FreeBSD audio/xmms-cdread package, there were some
ioctls that had no equivalent in the netbsd <sys/cdio.h>. FreeBSD's
include file was named differently, too, and from googling I get the
impression that they fixed their stuff only recently.

I shall get the cables.

Thaks for the comments,

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik