Subject: gcc-4.0.2 dependencies
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <segv@netctl.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/11/2005 11:03:53
Hi, after building and installing experimental package lang/gcc4, I found that
the gcc binary was linked to bootstrap gcc compiler's libgcc_s.so.1 library.
This means if I remove the bootstrap gcc, lang/gcc4 no longer works :-(

I think part of the problem is that lang/gcc4 is not split into multiple
packages like gcc4-c, gcc4-c++, gcc4-ada, etc., so when building lang/gcc4 I
enabled C, C++, Fortran and Ada language support, and maybe building one of
those languages requires a working libgcc_s.so.1??

Does anyone know a workaround? This looks like a chicken and an egg problem.