Subject: Re: bootstrap re-engineering status?
To: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/10/2005 20:37:11
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Mark E. Perkins wrote:

>>>     http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2005/11/06/0016.html

>> Yesterday, I tested the updated devel/bmake and will be committing that
>> later today.
>>
>> As for the LIBC issue, it has been suggested to just remove that
>> relevant usage. I will commit that also.
>
> I just tried bootstrap again from pkgsrc checked out earlier today.
> Unfortunately, I'm getting the same failure in the test phase that I
> reported in the message cited above, i.e., bmake build completes, but
> the unit tests fail.

Thanks again for testing. I am unfamiliar with the bmake tests.

(I only commited update to bmake as found in latest source tarball. I
didn't make any change yet to remove the LIBC usage from bsd.prog.mk.)

I have carbon copied this to the bmake maintainer and bmake autoconf
developer.

Simon: can you look at this?
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2005/11/06/0016.html

  Jeremy C. Reed