Subject: Re: bootstrap re-engineering status?
To: Mark E. Perkins <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/10/2005 20:37:11
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Mark E. Perkins wrote:

>> Yesterday, I tested the updated devel/bmake and will be committing that
>> later today.
>> As for the LIBC issue, it has been suggested to just remove that
>> relevant usage. I will commit that also.
> I just tried bootstrap again from pkgsrc checked out earlier today.
> Unfortunately, I'm getting the same failure in the test phase that I
> reported in the message cited above, i.e., bmake build completes, but
> the unit tests fail.

Thanks again for testing. I am unfamiliar with the bmake tests.

(I only commited update to bmake as found in latest source tarball. I
didn't make any change yet to remove the LIBC usage from

I have carbon copied this to the bmake maintainer and bmake autoconf

Simon: can you look at this?

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training