Subject: Re: seeking new maintainer for games/falcons-eye
To: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
From: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/10/2005 05:44:17
On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 07:22:57AM +0100, Roland Illig wrote:
> Ben Collver wrote:
> >Would someone like to take over maintainership of falcons-eye?
> >It is an isometric view graphic windowing system for NetHack.
> >These days if I have time to play nethack, I just use the tty interface.
>
> Do you want to remove it from pkgsrc just because you don't use it
> anymore? Then please just assign MAINTAINER=tech-pkg@NetBSD.org and be
> happy with it.

Did I say that I wanted to remove it?

However, we have removed other packages when they are no longer
maintained upstream and nobody uses them.

> >Falcons Eye has not been updated for years, so maintaining it isn't much
> >work.  Or we could just drop it from pkgsrc altogether.  There is a fork
> >name Vulture's Eye under development which uses the slashem code.
>
> Or do you mean Falcons Eye has been superseded by Vulture Eye? If it
> still has unique features, we should keep it.

I just meant to mention that there is an actively developped fork.  I
couldn't say how it compares for features or whether it truly
supersedes Falcon's Eye.

Ben