Subject: Re: improved pkg-vulnerabilities checking
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@jodi.nimenees.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/10/2005 04:15:20
On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 10:28:52AM +0100, Dieter Baron wrote:
> In article <20051109223246.GA16219@jodi.nimenees.com> Eric wrote:
>
> :         It's bugged me for a while that the switch to turn off vulnerablity
> : checking when building packages is a all-or-nothing switch.  i.e.
> :         ALLOW_VULNERABLE_PACAKGES=yes
> : skips checks for everything.
>

>   Whatever you chose to do, a way to allow all vulnerable package to
> build is needed (e. g. for bulk builds).

	I added a new variable for that:  SKIP_AUDIT_PACKAGES

> : and bumping the format version to 1.0.1.  (not 1.1, since it's still compatible
> : with old audit-packages script)
>
>    The format of the version number is MAJOR.MINOR.  If it is still
> compatible with the old audit-packages script, the minor version
> should be bumped (1.1), if it is not, the major should be bumped
> (2.0).  Please don't introduce a micro version number part.

	no, it doesn't work that way.  The audit-package script will complain
if the minor version in the file is larger than what it is expecting.
The current script will work fine with the new format so there's no need
to change the minor version, but I do need a way for the new script
to distinguish between the old and new versions of the file.

eric