Subject: Re: please test patch for databases/freetds
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/09/2005 17:39:41
On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 10:16:25PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I emailed this to some maintainers of packages that use databases/freetds.
> I don't use the software myself, but I quickly built and installed it so
> it didn't install to $PREFIX/freetds.
>
> Please test this patch for databases/freetds and maybe with a package that
> depends on it.

databases/sqsh builds and links with this change, after removing the
reference to /freetds in Makefile.common. other packages which use
freetds may need a similar change.

we can also probably do something like

.if !empty(MACHINE_PLATFORM:MNetBSD-*-[0-2]*)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--disable-threadsafe
.endif

as NetBSD >=3 has thread-safe resolver functions.

good work, thanks!

grant.