Subject: Re: Ubuntu bootstrap Failing
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/09/2005 12:57:21
On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 05:39:47PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> tgetent is provided by curses. pkgsrc can provide curses, but we don't
> have that available via bootstrap.
>
> Please see pkgsrc/bootstrap/README.Linux.
>
> Please install the appropriate "developer" library for libncurses for
> Ubuntu.

this has been the cause of some pain, maybe bootstrap should build tnftp
without curses support. users could of course still build and install
the full-featured net/tnftp after bootstrapping, if they wish.

it doesn't seem reasonable to *require* curses for the sole purpose of
the progress bar (which is definitely not a requirement of pkgsrc's
"download the distfile" action).

even without curses, the progress meter could be made to work by
rewriting the line, unless there is something I am missing here.

grant.