Subject: Re: An SSL Problem
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
From: thoran <thoran@fastmail.fm>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/09/2005 09:38:11
Hi Johnny,

Thanks.  I'm happy to do both the mk.conf entry and assisting in making
pkgsrc 'better'.

Let me know what you'd like me to try by way of 'fixing' it.  I'm using
RHEL3 presently.  I don't know how much longer I will have access to
this box.  One of the reasons for this time-limitation is that I don't
want to have to administer it and may go shared instead!  I wanted to
put pkgsrc on it to lighten that load so as I can get on with app
development.  I didn't want to use smaller and less cohesive packaging
systems like apt, yum, and up2date.  None of these has worked so far...
apt and yum repositories are all over the place (and I prefer not to use
binaries) and up2date is non-existent...

Is it relevant that this machine is a virtual server?

P.S. Should any co-ordination of testing this go off-list?