Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkglint
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/08/2005 20:39:38
Alistair Crooks wrote:
> Off the top of my head, there are such things as setuid programs,
> specific directory modes, and others which I can think of.
>
> Please don't add a noise generator

I said I would implement it and then look whether I think it's worth to
be committed. And I will do that.

> I have enough trouble with all this fatal white space, and wondering
> what's so problematic with it.

White-space isn't fatal, it's just a warning. Please look at
audio/wavesurfer/Makefile why the white-space-at-end-of-line warning is
useful.

I can change the trailing-empty-lines warning into a note, if that makes
you feel better. (I mean that seriously, as they don't affect
compilation at all in most cases.)

Roland