Subject: Re: How to quarterly update
To: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/08/2005 11:34:16
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, George Georgalis wrote:

> I looked for that (but not in the -Q switch...), thanks.
>
> Though I'm not sure what to do about renamed directories. If it's
> a subdirectory of a package, they should be taken care of with a
> cvs update, make clean, upgrade cycle.  But should a package get
> renamed, what would lintpkgsrc say? pkg_info? pkg_delete?

You may be able to use the info from:
    grep "Renamed " doc/CHANGES

Also, there is work on making pkgsrc record packages that are installed
versus installed behind the scenes (like dependencies). This
meta-information could be used so that you only do updates on the packages
you really installed (and deleting everything else).

  Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/