Subject: Re: An SSL Problem
To: thoran <thoran@fastmail.fm>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/08/2005 09:13:08
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, thoran wrote:

>> In your pkgsrc/www/lynx try:
>>
>> bmake clean
>> bmake configure
>> cat work/.buildlink/.buildlink_openssl_done
>> bmake show-var VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.openssl
>> bmake show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_PREFIX.openssl
>
> I got to the second command.  Here's the tail of the output:
>
> checking for SSL_get_version in -lssl... yes
> checking for openssl include directory... no
> checking if we can link to ssl library... no
> configure: error: Cannot link with ssl library

Have a look at work/lynx2-8-5/config.log. Start from the bottom and go up
until you find the actual errors related to the "ssl". What does it say?
(You only need to copy and paste a few lines.)

Also, do the
  cat work/.buildlink/.buildlink_openssl_done
  bmake show-var VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.openssl
  bmake show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_PREFIX.openssl

> P.S. How do I contribute to the NetBSD on laptops thingy I saw on your
> website.  I tried FreeBSD but it seized up quicksmart---not even 5
> seconds into the boot.  FreeBSD has been fine except that the gnustep
> metapackage failed on the last package build!  I'm using 2.1 in this
> instance by the way.

Just send me an email (off-list) describing your hardware and what works
for you. And any hints you have for hardware or X11 configurations.
Thanks!

  Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/