Subject: Re: How to quarterly update
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/08/2005 11:10:40
On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 03:17:00PM +0000, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
>On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:04:24 -0500
>"George Georgalis" <george@galis.org> wrote:
>
>> So, question, is this the best way to "upgrade" to pkgsrc-2005Q3?
>> Worthy of note, I was current before I set the tag to this branch.
>
>	I rather like wip/pkgmanager for updating my packages.

that looks pretty good, on first take the freeze feature in the
roadmap doesn't look right to me (maybe set a tag or date on
source checkout, if you need to freeze), but I've not given much
thought on it.

overall, looks like the answer to my question and a really good
package, however, my non production install is staging for
production so I need a production ready technique. :)

I forgot about lintpkgsrc, which I guess I should put in cron,
right after cvs update...

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@galis.org