Subject: Re: How to quarterly releases?
To: Geert Hendrickx <>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/08/2005 09:35:55
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 14:44:56 +0100
Geert Hendrickx <> wrote:
> > No, I leave the untouched files in the pkg directory.  The only files I
> > move out are those that I manually modify.  In those cases I modify the
> > startup script to use the -f or -c flag or whatever the alternate config
> > file option is for that program.
> Not all packages have startup scripts.  What do you do with e.g. php.ini?

So far I haven't run into problems.  PHP in particular isn't an issue
because I never use it.  I suppose I could replace files like that with
symlinks so at least I never lose the actual config file and just have
to remember to replace them when I do a complete blowout and rebuild.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>