Subject: Re: An SSL Problem
To: thoran <thoran@fastmail.fm>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/07/2005 19:05:02
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, thoran wrote:

> I then tried to link the pkgsrc openssl libraries in to the /usr/include
> path and this seemed to work, but what a hack.

Also should not be needed.

> Why am I doing what?  Using RHEL3?  Not of my choosing.

RHEL3 should be supported.

> I haven't tried to remove the entry from ld.so.conf as yet.  I put it
> there in first place because of advice given as a link on pkgsrc.org.

What URL?

> The problem was that it couldn't find the ssl headers.

The pkgsrc/www/lynx uses the openssl buildlink3.mk. The
security/openssl/builtin.mk is a little confusing.

In your pkgsrc/www/lynx try:

bmake clean
bmake configure
cat work/.buildlink/.buildlink_openssl_done
bmake show-var VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.openssl
bmake show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_PREFIX.openssl

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/