Subject: Re: Where to install Perl stuff
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/07/2005 08:36:12
On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Martti Kuparinen wrote:

> I'm creating a package for Xen console (see wip/xenconsole) and that package
> needs some perl files/modules to work. What is the correct location for these
> kind of files?
>
> Is PREFIX/libdata/xenconsole okay? Or is PREFIX/share/xenconsole better?

What type of files?

On my system, perl files are installed to /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
and modules under
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-netbsd-thread-multi/

Maybe you can use ../../lang/perl5/module.mk and also the following
variables give locations:

PERL5_INSTALLVENDORARCH
PERL5_INSTALLVENDORLIB

> My current plan is to put all original files into the above location and
> create a frontend script to start the xcon process...

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services
 	  	 	 http://www.reedmedia.net/