Subject: Re: PHP include path and not returning full data
To: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/04/2005 12:03:41
On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 01:13:31AM -0700, Chris Jones wrote:
> I just upgraded PHP to 4.4.1 (and then 4.4.1nb1) because of the recent
> security advisory.  Now I'm seeing odd behavior where PHP scripts are
> returning most, but not all, of their data.  For example, Gallery pages
> show the top part of any given image, but not the bottom part.  Some PHP
> scripts don't return any data at all.  I don't see anything in apache's
> logs that looks relevant to this.
>
> At the same time, I'm seeing PHP scripts which are unable to find files in
> their include path.  This, at least, is showing up in apache's error_log
> as the expected "unable to find file in this include path" sort of error.
>
> Normally I'd try and track this down myself, but I'm doing remote admin
> over a really lousy 'net connection.  Has anybody seen either of these
> behaviors before?  Any hints on where to look first?

I'd recheck if you updated all the extension (i.e. not make replace,
but do make update). You are using Apache module version, right?

Other then that, I'm out of ideas what might be wrong - I can just say
PHP 4.4.1 works for me on similar 'gallery' like site I maintain, tho
images are not generated by PHP; I don't see your problem with truncated
PHP output.

Jaromir
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-