Subject: Interix pkgsrc documentation fleshed out; binaries building
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/03/2005 09:45:47
If you haven't been paying attention to a couple other threads, Interix
support is being brought up to date in pkgsrc after about six months of
stagnation.  There are over 1600 binary packages already available on
ftp.netbsd.org (totaling more than 1GB), and more are building as I type
this.

I have significantly added to the Interix-specific documentation for pkgsrc,
including critical information about hotfix patches that are now necessary
to achieve reliable operation of binaries under Interix.  Please see the
updated pkgsrc Guide at:

    http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/platforms.html#interix

Links to the binary bootstrap kit and currently available binary packages
are on the pkgsrc information page at:

    http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html#binarydist

If you have questions about using pkgsrc on Interix, please post them here.
Though I'm the active maintainer of Interix support, I'm not the only user,
so you may find help faster via this mail list.  :)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>