Subject: PHP include path and not returning full data
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/03/2005 01:13:31
I just upgraded PHP to 4.4.1 (and then 4.4.1nb1) because of the recent
security advisory.  Now I'm seeing odd behavior where PHP scripts are
returning most, but not all, of their data.  For example, Gallery pages
show the top part of any given image, but not the bottom part.  Some PHP
scripts don't return any data at all.  I don't see anything in apache's
logs that looks relevant to this.

At the same time, I'm seeing PHP scripts which are unable to find files in
their include path.  This, at least, is showing up in apache's error_log
as the expected "unable to find file in this include path" sort of error.

Normally I'd try and track this down myself, but I'm doing remote admin
over a really lousy 'net connection.  Has anybody seen either of these
behaviors before?  Any hints on where to look first?

Chris

--
Chris Jones     chris@cjones.org      www.cjones.org